Weddings at Venture
Specializing in extended wedding weekends
Venture offers the special opportunity to have a more relaxed celebration with family and friends as a unique getaway. Why limit yourself to just one day, when you can extend your time with the people you love most and really enjoy it! We offer a variety of wedding packages to meet your needs and make your dream wedding come true at a price you can afford.
With multiple ceremony and reception locations, and cozy rustic accommodations for your guests, Venture is the ideal venue to say "I do" and make it a celebration to remember. We can accommodate groups of up to 27 in the lodge, or up to 45 include cabins, tent cabin, and yurt. We also offer a camping meadow for additional guests to camp outside and enjoy the stars. Our friendly staff will help figure out the best options for your big day.
Venture Retreat offers its wedding parties:
• Exclusive use of the entire retreat facility during your stay
• A comfortable centrally heated lodge with five bedrooms, three baths and 23 beds
• 20' x 34' living/meeting room with large stone fireplace (One bundle of firewood is provided. Our Rates and Guest Information page provides information about purchasing more firewood)
• "Here comes the bridal party" wedding prep services include hair, make up, nails and massage. These services offered by Oasis Wellness Spa.
• No corkage fees! You are able to bring your own alcohol with no additional charges, unlike many venues. This is a huge cost-savings for you!
• Venture only hosts one wedding at a time, so you will be able to enjoy our facilities to yourself and know that our staff's attention will be focused solely on your special day.
• Stunning natural beauty that will allow you to relax, have fun, and create lasting memories with those you love!
• Ceremony site rental and set up up of up simple ceremony chairs. We can accommodate various group sizes of seated guests for a ceremony at the Redwood Meadow or at our poolside ceremony area.
• Recommendations for experienced local caterers, event supply rentals (for additional decor, upgraded seating and tables, special lighting, etc), photographers, musicians and DJs, florists, and wedding coordinators.
Fully equipped kitchen and dining room:
• Commercial gas range: griddle, 8 burner stovetop, 2 ovens
• Basic cooking and food preparation utensils
• 3 Refrigerators
• 2 sinks, double and single
• China and flatware for 50
• Lodge includes five bedrooms with 2 to 5 beds per room (1 twin bed, 4 bunk beds, 2 queens and 2 full-size beds)
• Luxurious tent cabin perfect for the newlyweds with antique king sized bed, sofa, dressing area, table, mini-fridge, and heater. Portable restroom and sink are adjacent.
• A newly restored 2 bedroom cabin adjacent to the main lodge, with a queen and a twin in each sleeping room
• A 27' yurt with a wood stove, composting toilet and outdoor shower.
• Ample room for camping in the surrounding meadow
• In total, Venture can accommodate overnight groups of 15 - 150 people, depending whether cabins, tent cabin, yurt, and camping areas are reserved in addition to the historic lodge.
Amenities at Venture Retreat include:
• A 60’x20’ swimming pool
• Large 10' round hot tub
• 1000 square feet of sun decks
• 22 acres of meadow and forest
A unique, memorable wedding retreat weekend
... took place over three days the first weekend in July within the peace, nature, and serenity of Venture Retreat. The weekend will be a warm remembrance for the bride and groom and all in attendance as years go by. It was a moment in time highlighted by inter-personal connections that blossomed like summer roses, buzzed with the honey bees, and hummed with our local Hummingbirds. The trees gently whispered their love songs and were delivered on a warm summer breeze.
Amidst the sounds of laughter and giggling, the retreat setting was an open invitation for friends and family to mingle and share in swimming, hiking, playing music, and enjoying kegs of home-made beer. There were traditional wedding reception moments like the bouquet toss and garter removal, while the nature honoring bride's womb blessing ceremony and the fire ceremony, where guests were encouraged to "burn away" negative attachments and habit patterns, delighted everyone.
Watch the video below to see the magic that is found at Venture Retreat Center. Visit the Apollo Fotografie web page to view photos and more information about this wonderful wedding. Credits: Apollo Fotografie
Images (above) courtesy of Forty-Third Ave Photography